[Openstack] about network configuration

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:17:29 UTC 2015

hi

The gateway 10.0.0.1 is for only those hosts where you configure them
within the physical network requiring outside access. In this case, where
you wouldn't require any outside access to this private or management LAN
of 10.0.x.x, I would recommend not to use any gateway at all ( only if you
are connecting these interfaces using small network switch or a VLAN ).

The other error that might be due to DNS issue. what you getting when you
type 'nslookup yahoo.com or nslookup google.com'

what are you routing entries on private and public LAN interfaces and have
you configured them to be isolated from each other?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM, applyhhj <applyhhj at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>    I am new to openstack. When following the Install Guidance(kilo
> version) for Ubuntu, I was unable to correctly configure the network. I
> followed the Guidance and set up 1 controller node, 1 network node and 3
> computing nodes. All configuration is almost the same as the Guidance.
> However, if I set the gateway of management interface in network node to
> 10.0.0.1 and change external interface to “dhcp” mode, which is required by
> my external network environment, then I cannot ping other nodes from
> network nodes. So I comment the gateway configuration and everything works
> fine. But only network node can access to external network, other nodes are
> not able to ping outside website. It will throw “unknown host” error. Can
> anyone help me with this problem please? Thank you very much!!
>

> 2015-09-10

Nasir Mahmood