[Openstack] [OpenStack] [Keystone] Problem with keystone and token, ERROR: openstack Maximum lock attempts on _lockusertokens

Boris Bobrov bbobrov at mirantis.com
Fri Sep 4 12:10:41 UTC 2015

On Friday 04 September 2015 13:41:10 Daniel Spiekermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some trouble with my new test environment of openstack. I installed
> OpenStack Kilo on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server, running in a virtualbox VM. I
> use the official documentation, which can be found here:
> http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ I did
> each part step-by-step, but after creating the users, projects and roles,
> the verification fails. I activate the debug-logging and find the following
> debug message:
>
> openstack user list
> ERROR: openstack Maximum lock attempts on
> _lockusertokens-041ce40b76cf4abb8fe64fae18d78403 occurred. (Disable debug
> mode to suppress these details.) (HTTP 500) (Request-ID:
> req-f92bb44e-ca46-4405-bc36-4305a8614c58)

This has something to do with locks used for memcache token driver. I am not
sure what though.

I suggest you to:
1. Restart memcache on the machine
2. If that won't help and you don't want to debug, use SQL as token driver
(set [token] driver = keystone.token.persistence.backends.sql.Token).
If you want to debug, try poking things in keystone/common/kvs/core.py.

> Thanks
> Daniel

С наилучшими пожеланиями,
Boris