[Openstack] Building DevStack

Timothy Symanczyk Timothy_Symanczyk at symantec.com
Thu Sep 3 18:25:18 UTC 2015

Hi Sumanth,

No! You certainly need restart the horizon service after making changes in /opt/stack/horizon in order for your changes to take effect, but as I was saying before – that is NOT the intention of stack.sh.

Unstack.sh will take down your entire devstack, so while that part is overkill it is still technically a way to take down horizon. Rejoin-stack.sh is what will bring your entire devstack back WITHOUT doing a reinstall and reconfigure. Running stack.sh WILL do a full reinstall and reconfigure, and any projects or users (for example) that have been added or changed in your previous install of devstack will be completely lost.

A simpler way to simply restart horizon would be to follow the advice in David’s original email.

Tim