[Openstack] OpenDaylight and Openstack - Can't connect node to an ovs

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:54:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I'm integrating OpenStack via DevStack with OpenDaylight. I'm using
DevStack Kilo and OpenDaylight Lithium.
In a server I have 5 VMs:

VM1: eth0 10.30.3.231
         eth1 10.0.0.1
         This is my OpenStack Controller+compute.

VM2: eth0 10.30.3.232
         eth1 10.0.0.2
         Compute node

VM3: eth0 10.30.3.233
         eth1 10.0.0.3
         Compute node

VM4: eth0 10.30.3.234
         ODL Controller

VM7: eth0 10.30.3.237
         eth1
         eth2
         eth3
         OpenVSwitch

I consider eth0 the mgmt network (I also use this address to access via ssh
into the VMs) and eth1 the data network (VM1 eth1 is connected to OVS eth1,
VM2 eth1 is connected to OVS eth2, VM3 eth1 is connected to OVS eth3).
This network works properly, I've checked.

But, when I stack VM1, vm2 and VM3 I see:

- From DLux that the virtual switches inside the compute nodes are
connected each other (like a ring topology) and my OVS is isolated.

- When I launch instances they are correctly created, but if I ping them
(e.g. Instance1 in VM1 and Instance2 in VM2) the traffic goes through the
mgmt network (eth0).

What I want is that the traffic passes through my data network.
Can you give me some suggestions?

Thank you
Regards,

Silvia

P.S.: I'm not able to log in into ask.opendaylight.org to post this
question also there.
--
Silvia Fichera