[Openstack] [Devstack] Tutorial how to install with flat network

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Fri Oct 9 21:44:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

Can someone help me or give me link to tutorial how to install single node
devstack with neutron and linuxbridge? I want to have flat provider network
there and I have some problems.
I'm trying to install it on Virtualbox vm with two interfaces: eth1 and eth2
where eth2 should be used as interface to access "external" networks.

----
My local.conf file is like:
[[local|localrc]]
SERVICE_TOKEN=service_token
ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminpass
MYSQL_PASSWORD=dbpass
RABBIT_PASSWORD=rabbitpass
SERVICE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD

HOST_IP=10.0.0.2

LOGFILE=$DEST/logs/stack.sh.log

LOGDAYS=2

# Swift
# -----
SWIFT_HASH=66a3d6b56c1f479c8b4e70ab5c2000f5
SWIFT_REPLICAS=1
SWIFT_DATA_DIR=$DEST/data

# Tempest
# -------
# Install the tempest test suite
enable_service tempest

# Network
# -------
FIXED_RANGE=192.168.0.0/24
NETWORK_GATEWAY=192.168.0.254
FLOATING_RANGE=10.11.0.0/24
FLOATING_ALLOCATION_POOL="start=10.11.0.10,end=10.11.0.250"
PUBLIC_NETWORK_GATEWAY=10.11.0.2
PROVIDER_NETWORK_TYPE="flat"
Q_USE_PROVIDERNET_FOR_PUBLIC=True

disable_service n-net
enable_service q-svc
enable_service q-agt
enable_service q-dhcp
enable_service q-meta
enable_service q-l3

Q_USE_SECGROUP=True
#ENABLE_TENANT_VLANS=True
#TENANT_VLAN_RANGE=1000:1999
PHYSICAL_NETWORK=default
PUBLIC_INTERFACE=eth2
#OVS_PHYSICAL_BRIDGE=br-ex

Q_PLUGIN=ml2
Q_AGENT=linuxbridge

[[post-config|/$Q_PLUGIN_CONF_FILE]]
[ml2]
tenant_network_types = local
type_drivers = local,flat,vxlan
mechanism_drivers = linuxbridge,l2population

[vxlan]
# warning: there are usually mtu issues with vxlan
enable_vxlan = True
local_ip = $HOST_IP
l2_population = True

[ml2_type_vxlan]
vni_ranges = 1001:2000
#
#[ml2_type_vlan]
#network_vlan_ranges = vlan_net1:1000:1999
#
[ml2_type_flat]
flat_networks = default
#
[linux_bridge]
# # in virtualbox these nics need promiscous mode enabled
#physical_interface_mappings = default:eth2

[securitygroup]
firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver
# #firewall_driver = neutron.agent.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver
enable_security_group = True

# Image
# -----
DOWNLOAD_DEFAULT_IMAGES=False