[Openstack] Max number of parallel API requests that can be handled by Openstack Services(Nova/Cinder/Keystone)

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:06:11 UTC 2015

Bharath,

I suppose you might want to go through the OpenStack Operations Guide and
OpenStack Cloud Administrator Guide along with OpenStack Architecture
 Design  Guide.

these guide let you decide what you want to achieve at some good or greater
level. OpenStack can be configured to a level of expectation and then
beyond expectations, the only difference is how you design and implement
it.

Also I suggest  the Stories of others using the OpenStack at
http://www.openstack.org/enterprise

Regards,
Nasir

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Bharath Krishna <BKrishna at walmartlabs.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there any specific limit on how many API requests can be handled in
> parallel by an Openstack service? I am using Juno Deployment.
>
> I tried to do stress testing on Cinder and Nova. I could see that beyond
> 60(approx) requests the system becomes unstable.
>
> There is no API rate limit set/enabled. I just want to know the maximum
> requests that can be handled in parallel and are there any ways to improve
> that.
>
> Please throw some light on this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards