[Openstack] Cinder vs Swift architecture

Ayushi Kumar ayushi.03march at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 06:57:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

Even after going through number of links and documents online , I am unable
to understand that exactly

   - * how file storage , cinder and swift work if I talk in terms of a
   personal computer which has openstack insatlled on it.*

Can anyone please explain that if I have a hard drive then

   - * how cinder uses it for block storage and and how swift uses it for
   object storage.*

Though the difference between the two storage is clear ,I am unable to
understand how the same hard drive is used for both object storage and
block storage .

Regards
Ayushi