[Openstack] Failover VMs Configuration query

Nasir Mahmood nasir.mahmood at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:12:26 UTC 2015

application level Load balancing is mainly done based on your LB's config,
you decide how you load balance the traffic, based on session, based on
cookies or some other mechanism. in normal web server lb method, you can
achieve the same using different scenarios but the application should be
aware of it.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Prapulla Kumar <prapulla447 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> List,
>
> Can any one share howto configure loadbalancer and HA Proxy in OpenStack
> for VMs such that while loosing/crashing  one of theVMs shouldn't make
> users logout from the applications running on those VMs.. Is this
> achievable out of box using OpenStack?
>
> OR
> Is it possible achieving this by tweaking Loadbalancer module of
> OpenStack, such that sessions won't  loose in case VM Crash..  Or we need
> to modify applications itself to preserve sessions for High Availability ?
> Any hints welcome..
>
> It  will be much appreciable if any one can share their views, references
> if any..
>

> Prapulla

Nasir Mahmood