[Openstack] DHCP request packet lost

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:43:48 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have a configuration with:
An openstack controller with management eth0 and data eth1 interface
A compute node with the same interfaces
An ovs switch in a virtual machine. The two data interfaces are connected
to this one because I want that my data traffic passes across that one.
An ODL Controller that controls not only the OpenStack's nodes but also the
OVS switch.

I'm using Devstack with the liberty release and ODL Lithium.
VXLAN tunnels are setted.

I successfully stacked but, when I spawn the instances, only the instances
located in the controller node have an IP address.
When I request the IP address using dhcpd the request packet ccome out from
the tap interfaces related to the instance and than it is lost. I have done
tcpdump captures on all hosts and interfaces.

How can I solve it?

If you need any other information, please ask.

Thanks a lot

--
Silvia Fichera