[Openstack] [keystone] Auth-token expiration time

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 23 10:34:56 UTC 2015

You could probably use trusts, but that would require you to update your application https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Keystone/Trusts

--
Kirill Zaitsev
Murano team
Software Engineer
Mirantis, Inc

On 19 November 2015 at 06:41:15, Adam Young (ayoung at redhat.com) wrote:

On 11/18/2015 03:40 AM, ESWAR RAO wrote:
Hi All,

I have an application which does some HEAT transactions of creating stack,polling for it and updating stack in a loop.

In my setup, /etc/keystone/keystone.conf has below settings:

expiration=3600

But my transaction loop takes more than 1 hr and AUTH token is expired in between and I am getting :

 Exception in heat start task for stack jsm-e08dceac-71fe-48e8-817e-93ec78881827 of network service e08dceac-71fe-48e8-817e-93ec78881827 due to

 ERROR: Authentication failed.Please try again with option --include-password or export HEAT_INCLUDE_PASSWORD=1

Is there any means of making the auth-token not getting expired instead of changing expiration time in keystone conf ??

No.  It has been a long lived discussion, and the solution is still not agreed on.  The goal is to avoid long lived tokens, but properly scope delegation across long workflow.

Thanks

Eswar