[Openstack] How to connect instance directly to (additional) external network?

Amir Huskić amir.huskic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 23:27:31 UTC 2015

How to connect instance directly to external network using Neutron, ML2,
OVS? I have created additional flat external network. If I connect instance
directly to external network I can't ping it but if I add instance to
internal flat network that is attached to that same additional external
network using floating IP from the same network segment everything is
working fine.
I would like to have L2 connectivity between instances on external
openstack network and my LAN hosts and not using floating IP.
Thank you.

Regards,
Amir