[Openstack] dnsmasq and ipv6 causing high load on network nodes with many fluctuates between D and S states.

kevin parrikar kevin.parker092 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:46:55 UTC 2015

Thanks Brian for the reply.
I recently moved from nova-network to neutron and i am still struggling to
understand neutron.
As per my limited understanding subnets can be duplicated and vlan tag will
prevent duplicate ips from communicating.In my setup i can see tap
interface connected with a tag of 1144  to br-int and GRE tunnels are used
for carrying traffic to compute nodes.In that case could you please tell me
what duplicate ips are you mentioning here.I thought it must be a bug in
neutron that is allowing duplicate ipv6 to communicate.But with vlan tag
even ipv6 should not communicate directly. Confused O_0