[Openstack] Trouble connecting to a new VM

Tyler Couto tcouto at certain.com
Tue Nov 17 00:03:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I’m setting up a proof of concept openstack instance for a private cloud. I have two machines – the first is the controller and network node, and the second is a compute node. I started a VM on the compute node and assigned a floating ip on my internal subnet. Now I can’t ping it or connect to it in other ways. I’m new to openvswitch and virtual networking in general, and I’m having trouble figuring out how to debug it. I can ping the virtual router’s interface on the network node.
I would love hints for useful debugging tools or where I should look first.

Thanks!
Tyler