[Openstack] Host aggregates and availability zones.

Balaji Narayanan (பாலாஜி நாராயணன்) lists at balajin.net
Fri Nov 6 07:49:12 UTC 2015

I had this question a couple of days back and searching around found
this nice explanation:

http://blog.russellbryant.net/2013/05/21/availability-zones-and-host-aggregates-in-openstack-compute-nova/

So yes, if you create a new host aggregate, and pass an AZ name to it,
users can use that to boot VMs with the --availability-zoe option.

By default, default_schedule_zone points to nova in
/etc/nova/nova.conf. So when no AZ is explicitly called out, the VM
will boot in one of the default_schedule_zone.

hth
-balaji

http://balajin.net/blog
http://flic.kr/balajijegan