[Openstack] [nova-docker][nova]Different meta data information in nova and docker view

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Wed May 27 14:13:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:26 AM, <ashish.jain14 at wipro.com> wrote:

> Dims,
>
> Thanks for this input. I hope this is done in nova-docker code?
>
> Regards
> Ashish

Hi Ashish,

As Dims pointed out you could certainly change this and provide the same
display name that you provided to Nova to Docker.  The problem however is
that you probably don't want to do that.  Using Nova's UUID for the
container name in Docker is going to solve a number of head-aches and
potential problems for you.  Not the least of which is consistency.  The
"nova-<uuid>" has been useful for many to easily identify containers that
are managed/owned by Nova, it makes sense to do things this way in most
cases I think.

Is there an advantage that you see in using Nova's display name property
instead of the UUID here?

Thanks,
John