[Openstack] [nova-docker][nova]Different meta data information in nova and docker view

ashish.jain14 at wipro.com ashish.jain14 at wipro.com
Wed May 27 09:12:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am using nova-docker. I deploy a docker container and run the following 2 commands

1) nova list
+--------------------------------------+-------------------+--------+------------+-------------+-----------------------+
| ID                                   | Name              | Status | Task State | Power State | Networks              |
| 35cdcbc6-516d-4e99-a8a1-28fedd5b088f | test123,and three | ACTIVE | -          | Running     | demo-net=192.168.1.71 |

2) sudo docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND              CREATED             STATUS              PORTS               NAMES
ad381f97816d        httpd:2             "httpd-foreground"   34 minutes ago      Up 34 minutes                           nova-35cdcbc6-516d-4e99-a8a1-28fedd5b088f

Why is their a difference in the name of the container? It is possible to somehow customize what is being seen in the docker view. for example map the Name field in Nova to NAMES field in docker?

Regards
Ashish