[Openstack] Documentation for Neutron L3 / VXLAN with LinuxBridge...

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Tue May 26 04:09:01 UTC 2015

Hello.

I'm looking for the way of LinuxBridge setup for openstack neutron
networking instead of ML2 VLAN/VXLAN/GRE like your reason, and you seems
successfully deployed the environment.

Could you give me any advice for the deployment?

I'm now deploying openstack 3 nodes (actually, I attached another compute,
so my current deployment setup is 4nodes, i.e., 1 controller, 1 network,
and 2 computes) by following the openstack installation guide,
http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/yum/content/neutron-controller-node.html.
I think several options in /etc/nova/nova.conf,
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini and /etc/neutron/neutron.conf should
be modifed properly in order to use LinuxBridge instead of OVS.

Here are the lists what I know to modify:

1. /etc/neutron/neutron.conf on controller
core_plugin = ml2 (I think this should be modified but I don't know what
parameter indicates Linux Bridge Agent Plugin)

2. /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini on controller
Do I still need to modify this file? I'm confused, because the file name is
'ml2', which is for ml2 plugin not for 'linux bridge'... And, I wonder the
lists should be modified.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

Byeong-Gi KIM