[Openstack] Running Xen VMs on Openstack

Robson Ramos Barreto robson.rbarreto at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:43:27 UTC 2015

Sure

But, The *qemu-img convert* command can do conversion between multiple
formats, including qcow2, QED, raw, VDI (VirtualBox), VHD (Hyper-V), and
VMDK (VMware).
Table 7.1. qemu-img format strings Image format Argument to qemu-img qcow2
(KVM, Xen) qcow2 QED (KVM) qed raw raw VDI (VirtualBox) vdi VHD (Hyper-V)
vpc VMDK (VMware) vmdk

This example will convert a VMDK image file to a qcow2 image file:

$ qemu-img convert -f vmdk -O qcow2 centos7.vmdk centos7.qcow2

You just need to change to XenServer format, right ?

Regards

Abs.
*Robson Ramos Barreto*
IT / INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST