[Openstack] Openstack in a "real" setup with ODL controller

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:53:17 UTC 2015

Hi Hideyuki,
I was trying to follow the guide you gave me.
I decided to put in two separate machines ODL and Openstack controller.
I have few questions:
1- ODL side: Everytime that I will run karaf, should I install the features?
    I have installed: odl-mdsal-clustering odl-restconf odl-l2switch-switch
odl-mdsal-apidocs odl-dlux-core odl-vtn-manager-all
odl-openflowplugin-all odl-adsal-compatibility-all
    Do I need something else?
2- In the Network Settings section of the guide there is a note that sais:
    "The entries for eth1 are not mandatory, If not set, we may have to
manually do     "ifup eth1" after the stacking is complete to activate the
interface."
    but if I don't modify /etc/network/interfaces, after stacking I have an
error when I try to turn on eth1.
   So I think that the best way is to modify the interface file. Should I
give a particular IP address? There are any rules?
3- Section Start ODL Controller:
    it says: "After running ODL Controller, please ensure ODL Controller
listens to the ports:6633,6653, 6640 and 8080"
    How?
4- Finally I can stack my nodes but...
    when I do ifconfig there is no br-int interface and after doing
ovs-vsctl show this is my result on the controller:
    silvia at devstack2:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show

857c23a5-ce17-46d7-b6f1-944fdb160395
    Manager "tcp:10.30.3.231:6640"
        is_connected: true
    Bridge "br0"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
    Bridge br-int
        fail_mode: secure
        Port "eth1"
            Interface "eth1"
    ovs_version: "2.0.2"

This happen (more or less) also in one of my two compute nodes, so just one
is connected to ODL, in fact every instance that I create is allocated in
that host.

Are you, or anyone else, able to give me any suggestion?
Thank you,

Silvia

--
Silvia Fichera