[Openstack] Two Neutron two interface DOWN

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue May 19 06:24:50 UTC 2015

Hi Wilson,
don't get hung up on the port state for now, let's focus on on your
"ping" test that is not working.

I had a brief look at the pictures you attached. The first thing that
caught my attention is that your instance is shut off. So no chance to
ping it anyhow!

If it's still not working with a running instance. Check your security
groups setup. The Security Group attached to your instance needs a rule
like this in order to ping your guest from outside:
Ingress - CIDR 0.0.0.0/0 - icmp

And if you still have problems, we need to have a look at your setup.
Please provide the following information to allow further debugging. I
assume you configured your cloud with Openvswitch...

>From your Controller Node:

# Authenticate to your cloud [1] and then run the following command to
show all the details of your external network:
> neutron net-show home

#Run these commands to collect more information about your host setup

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/content/cli_openrc.html

--
Andreas
(irc: scheuran)