[Openstack] Slowness of Swift

Gohad, Tushar tushar.gohad at intel.com
Fri May 8 14:59:23 UTC 2015

What is your load balancer hardware config?  Is the load balancer ingress traffic handled with just one cpu core or more?  Please run htop or top (and  press '1') to make sure all traffic isn't handled by a single haproxy process running on a single core.

If you are running haproxy 1.4, please upgrade 1.5 which brings in multiprocess+process-to-core binding support.  Please make sure you are spreading the ingress load across CPUs available as described at http://blog.onefellow.com/post/82478335338/haproxy-mapping-process-to-cpu-core-for-maximum.

Good luck.