[Openstack] Routing from instances to floating ips in nova-network -- possible?

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu May 7 17:54:53 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm glad to hear that it works for you!  I just now tried setting
> force_snat_range for my floating IP range but I'm still not getting any
> pings.  Strangely if I restart nova-network things work for a minute or
> two, then return to the status quo.  That means that no matter what I
> change, it looks like it worked, for a minute :)

I find that when this happens, it's in between iptables being flushed and
nova-network re-applying all of the rules.

One way to confirm this is to restart nova-network, save the output of
`iptables-save` during when it's working, then save the output again when
it's not, and diff the two outputs.

Joe