[Openstack] Live Migration + Ceph + ConfigDrive

Sebastien Han sebastien.han at enovance.com
Thu May 7 08:50:44 UTC 2015

Actually the issue is that the configdrive is store a file on the fs under /var/lib/nova/instances/$uuid/config.drive
AFAIR the other problem is the format of that file that is not supported by libvirt for the live migration.

I think you have to apply this patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123073/

I’ve heard from sileht (in cc) that this might work in Kilo (the vfat format of the config drive for the live migration).

> On 07 May 2015, at 04:04, killingwolf <killingwolf at qq.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,Wilson,
>     We are seeing this issue in Icehouse too , and we fixed it by modify the nova code. I think you can do it in Juno too.

> From:  "Tyler Wilson";<kupo at linuxdigital.net>;
> Date:  Thu, May 7, 2015 09:16 AM
> To:  "Openstack at lists.openstack.org"<openstack at lists.openstack.org>;
> Subject:  [Openstack] Live Migration + Ceph + ConfigDrive
>
> Hello All,
>
> Currently in Juno we are seeing an issue with attempting to live-migrate an instance with a configdrive attached.
> "NoLiveMigrationForConfigDriveInLibVirt: Live migration of instances with config drives is not supported in libvirt unless libvirt instance path and drive data is shared across compute nodes."
>  I have found this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1351002 however it is geared toward NFS, has any work taken place in regards getting this fixed for Ceph users?
>
> Thanks!

Cheers.
––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Architect

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72
Mail: sebastien.han at enovance.com
Address : 11 bis, rue Roquépine - 75008 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance