[Openstack] No valid host found

Antonio Messina antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
Sun May 3 09:35:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Vedsar Kushwaha
<vedsarkushwaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was using JUNO on Centos7.
> Everything was running perfectly fine. I did centos update.
> After that I'm getting this error "No valid host found".

This is a very generic error, and not very informative, I am
afraid. To track down the root of the problem I usually check:

* nova-scheduler logs: there should be a line explaining why it's not
  able to schedule the VM on any host. Maybe you don't actually have
  enough free ram/disk/cpus on any of your compute nodes, but could
  also be that the VM failed on all the compute nodes multiple times
  for other reasons, and the RetryFilter prevented the scheduling of
  the VM on any node where it failed already. In this case, check:

* nova-compute logs: if the VM was scheduled on a compute node and
  failed, you will find here an hint of the root cause.

.a.

antonio.s.messina at gmail.com
antonio.messina at uzh.ch                     +41 (0)44 635 42 22
S3IT: Service and Support for Science IT   http://www.s3it.uzh.ch/