[Openstack] Trying compiling the OpenStack Swift

Christian Schwede christian.schwede at enovance.com
Mon Mar 30 15:05:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

actually there is a small gap in the docs you stumbled upon :(
The Swift developers are currently working on integrating Erasure
Coding, and thus a new dependency was added. The dependency itself
requires a library that is not available on your system.

Please head over to

http://www.bytebucket.org/tsg-/liberasurecode/downloads

and download & install that library. Afterwards the installation of
Swift should succeed.

I'll submit a separate patch for Swift.

Best Regards

Christian