[Openstack] Cant login Horizon

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:19:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

Running Horizon without Nova will do you no good. Nova controller service listens on port 8774. You whole error comes
from Horizon trying to ask Nova about the current state but getting no answer.

Complete your OpenStack installation with
- a SQL database (MariaDB)
- a message queueing system (RabbitMQ)
- Keystone
- Glance
- Nova
- Horizon

With those services installed, you should be able to log into Horizon and play around. But expect errors due to missing
Cinder and Neutron installation. If I were in you position, I'd install those two as well, before trying Hprizonj.

Switf, Ceilometer, Heat and the rest are not important to get familiar with a base installation.

Regards,

	Uwe