[Openstack] docker in openstack

Dariusz Chrząścik dariusz at chrzascik.com
Sun Mar 22 16:21:19 UTC 2015

Hello,

Although, it is not directly related to your question, I have to ask:
why do you want to use docker after all, is it really beneficial for
your case or you simply want to play with it?

If you are sure that you want to use it, please be more specific what
you mean by "openstack work with docker"? Do you want to use a docker as
a hypervisor or do you want to deploy openstack components on top of
docker? When it comes to the former check this out:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix and
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Docker. It believe that picture from the
second link should give you a rough idea where "docker stands".

Docker-under-the-hood.png

As you can see, it has nothing to do with Horizon which is merely a
dashboard. All the provisioning-related magic happens under the hood, in
a nova service.

Regards,
Darek