[Openstack] Trouble deploying Suse SLES 11 and 12 on openstack and VMware

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Mar 20 09:20:40 UTC 2015

On 03/19/2015 07:46 AM, Lance Haig wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an issue where a template build for Redhat 6 works when deployed
> to our VMware 5.5 environment.
>
> When I try to deploy a Suse server it does not get it IP address as
> allocated.
>
> 1. Is there a definitive guide to building SLES server images for
> openstack?
> I have been looking for a while now but I can't find anything that works.
>
> 2. Do I need to do anything special to make SLES work?
>
> Where can I start to look to debug why SUSE is not working but Redhat is?

There should really be nothing special.

If you want to use cloud-init, for SLES 11 SP3 you need to pick up
cloud-init from the Open Build Service (OBS (Cloud:Tools,
http://software.opensuse.org/package/cloud-init), for SLES 12 cloud-init
is part of the Public Cloud module.

How are you configuring network? With dhcp?

Andreas
   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
       Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)