[Openstack] [Icehouse][Cinder] volume.delete.end event payload doesn't contain deleted_at

Stefan Kulke stefan.kulke at heg.com
Wed Mar 18 15:49:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm searching for a reliable way to determine the timestamp of a volume
deletion based on the volume.delete.end events. Neither the orginial
event payload nor the payload of post triggerd events by cinder audit
contain a deleted_at field.
In the first case the timestamp of the event message corresponds to the
delete date. But if I run an cinder audit the event message timestamp
does not.

During my tests I noticed that the "audit_period_beginning" and
"audit_period_ending" are identical and correspond to the delete date,
but I'm not sure if that is reliable.

Could you please explain to me what exactly does the "audit_period_beginning"
field stand for in the context of "volume.delete" events?

Thanks,
Stefan Kulke