[Openstack] [neutron]Multiple l3 agents

Akilesh K akilesh1597 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:49:35 UTC 2015

@Murali
I am not trying DVR/HA. I am only doing the legacy setup. Its just that I
wanted multiple external networks and some of them were on a different
host. The instance was attached to several private/internal networks with
each internal network attached to an external network through a router.
When I assign floating-ip I noted that the nat rules were being created in
a completely wrong namespace, which is why I decided to try out the
multiple-l3-agent scenario, which did work but with some drawbacks that I
had mentioned in previous mails.

@Kevin
I apologize for my language. I seriously want to motivate and not insult
anyone participating in this community be it individual or corporate. May
be Its just my thinking is wrong, but either ways I wasn't 'accusing'
anyone. My Intention was only to urge the Individual contributors to catch
up with the big names out there.

I am running several l3-agents on same host. Its my fault not to mention it
explicitly, but a lot of people did understand what exactly I was trying,
except that they were on the same page as I was.

Setting the router-id I believe locks an agent to a router, which is
exactly what I want.

Meanwhile I did see several posts / mails mentioning the 'host settings'
but none of them give detailed information. The l3-agent seems to be
consuming two options file 'neutron.conf' and 'l3-agent.ini'. Which of
these config file should contain the option and under which group?

Thank you,
Ageeleshwar K