[Openstack] Questions from a newbie

Dugger, Donald D donald.d.dugger at intel.com
Tue Mar 17 04:30:09 UTC 2015

Silvia-

1)      Not totally sure what you’re asking.  When `devstack’ completes there should be an instance of Horizon running on that machine.  You can then connect to that Horizon from any other machine on that network, assuming your host has a routable IP address (using 127.0.0.1 as the HOST_IP would make Horizon only available from that machine).  Note, by default Horizon listens on port 9000 so make sure you are trying to connect to 10.1.115.126:9000

2)      Yes, currently the host information is stored in the DB but there is a lot of work going on in that area.  We hope to move to an object model where the compute nodes will be sending state information directly to the scheduler in the Kilo release.

I’d be curious to know what it is about the scheduler that you are planning on working on.  I should also point out that we have a weekly IRC meeting to discuss scheduler issues at 1500 UTC at #openstack-meeting (the meeting is titled Gantt which is the name of the new scheduler project we are creating), you’re welcome to join if that time zone works for you.

--
Don Dugger