[Openstack] nova instances

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Sat Mar 14 14:40:18 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Nikesh Kumar Mahalka <
nikeshmahalka at vedams.com> wrote:

> from where devstack instances consumes space for rootdisk,
> if i have a ubuntu setup with sda 150gb.
>
> devstack is creating two volume groups on loop-back files of 10gb each
> (stack-volumes-default and stack-volumes-lvmdriver-1).
>
> are they consume these volume groups for nova instances root-disk?
>

> Regards
> Nikesh

> Those loopbacks are specifically for Cinder (well, the
stack-volume-default is actually for "nothing" right now but that's a whole
separate debate I have had with some folks and have given up on).

Ephemeral Nova instances by default in devstack are going to consume qcow
files in /opt/stack/data/nova/instances (assuming you're still using the
same local.conf I gave you a while back).

Thanks,
John