[Openstack] ARP Caching

George Mihaiescu lmihaiescu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 20:00:35 UTC 2015

Based on the code, it sends the gratuitous ARPs only when the floating IP
is assigned to the VM, and it's sent as many times as the user decided by
configuring the "send_arp_for_ha_count" parameter in nova.conf

So, to be safe, I would add the following in nova.conf and restart nova
services.

send_arp_for_ha=true
send_arp_for_ha_count=20

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Georgios Dimitrakakis <giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr