[Openstack] nova boot does not create nic into vm

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Mar 12 13:23:41 UTC 2015

Hello,

I don't know the exact reason you're seeing this issue, but there are a few
pointers/suggestions:

* Try to set the nova.conf settings the same across both the controller and
compute node. Although you're not using nova-network on your controller,
doing this can't hurt. So for your environment, try transferring your
network settings to your controller.

*  For your environment, is br-sviluppo the bridge that instances will
attach to? If so, then this is what you would specify for the `--bridge`
argument in your network creation command. `--bridge_interface` would
be bond0.632.

* Turn on both verbose (verbose=true) and debug (debug=true) in nova.conf
and then grep for ERROR on both the controller and compute node when you
launch an instance.

When your instance launches, does eth0 exist at all? Perhaps it's just not
configured with the IP you have specified? Or is the _only_ network
interface on the instance lo? Does `dmesg` on the instance report any
issues?

Joe