[Openstack] Questions from a newbie

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:15:00 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm completely new in OpenStack's Universe and I need to understand a lot
of things!
Bust let's start with a couple of questions.

1. I have installed OpenStack using DevStack in a physical machine (I have
already an Ubuntu system). At the end of the installation there was written
the address where I can open Horizon (e.g. 10.1.115.126). What happens if I
connect my laptop from another network? Does it remain the same? Or should
I do a specific configuration?
2. I will work with nova in particular, especially in the scheduling part.
I would like to know where the scheduler take the information about the
state of the host to assign it after the filter & weight.
I think that those parameters about the status of the host are memorised in
the database, but it's only my hypotheses, I haven't read anything about it.
And if it's so, how are collected those information? By who?

Sorry if I did some silly question, but I would like to well understand the
basis.
Let me also know if exist a good guide that explains how to start with
OpenStack from zero!

Thank you
--
Silvia Fichera