[Openstack] [Neutron] Allowed address pairs

gustavo panizzo (gfa) gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Thu Mar 12 03:35:06 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-12 06:41, Sayaji Patil wrote:

> Should nova boot be allowed on such a port ? What are the use-cases where
> someone would do something like this ?

i use allowed pairs in 2 different cases

- provide a second ip address from a non-neutron network to my vm
(manually configured)

- allow to more than one vm to take control of an extra ip addr,  then
manage that extra ip addr using pacemaker to do HA inside the cloud

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333