[Openstack] [openstack][[autoscaling][icehouse]

Chinasubbareddy M chinasubbareddy_m at persistent.com
Tue Mar 10 07:12:54 UTC 2015

Hi ,

as I wanted to check out the autoscaling features of heat in combination with ceilometer, I tried to adapt one of the example HOT's. Meanwhile, the HOT is starting successfully, but whatever I do to stress my VM in the web_server_group, no scaling reaction is observable.

Executing the webhook manually, there's an error response, which google hardly knows, so I try my best here - maybe you can help me to solve this problem.
Additionally I'm wondering, why AWS is mentioned in the error - actually I don't want to use it. Are webhooks only possible via AWS?

root at build-server:~# ceilometer alarm-show -a 8ff22ef8-268a-4803-8350-7c8f1f02aa39

+---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Property                  | Value                                                                    |

+---------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| alarm_actions             | [u'http://127.0.0.1:8004/v1/signal/arn%3Aopenstack%3Aheat%3A%3Aec3e93810 |

|                           | a7c4be2881bd7ede428526a%3Astacks%2Fsrujana2%2Fcb249f69-baa3-40b3-90a7-34 |

|                           | 7fe5dbe843%2Fresources%2Fweb_server_scaleup_policy?Timestamp=2015-03-10T |

|                           | 06%3A19%3A05Z&SignatureMethod=HmacSHA256&AWSAccessKeyId=2b8e2175a0e747bb |

|                           | b8a9c6f33424758c&SignatureVersion=2&Signature=JKEnz57aaAaSNOWbmOD%2FYrUu |

|                           | 14ZQy5HatdK9ffA1VwU%3D']                                                 |

| alarm_id                  | 8ff22ef8-268a-4803-8350-7c8f1f02aa39                                     |

| comparison_operator       | gt                                                                       |

| description               | Scale-up if the average CPU > 50% for 1 minute                           |

| enabled                   | True                                                                     |

| evaluation_periods        | 1                                                                        |

| exclude_outliers          | False                                                                    |

| insufficient_data_actions | []                                                                       |

| meter_name                | cpu_util                                                                 |

| name                      | srujana2-cpu_alarm_high-vtqkmn3ts4z3                                     |

| ok_actions                | []                                                                       |

| period                    | 60                                                                       |

| project_id                | ec3e93810a7c4be2881bd7ede428526a                                         |

| query                     | metadata.user_metadata.stack == cb249f69-baa3-40b3-90a7-347fe5dbe843     |

| repeat_actions            | False                                                                    |

| state                     | insufficient data                                                        |

| statistic                 | avg                                                                      |

| threshold                 | 50.0                                                                     |

| type                      | threshold                                                                |

| user_id                   | cac9bb03d57f41359df9b12c4b6d2318                                         |

DISCLAIMER