[Openstack] Action notification in nova for delete an instance

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Mar 2 14:45:12 UTC 2015

Enable notifications on the compute nodes and you'll get compute.instance.create.end and compute.instance.delete.end notifications for these operations. It sounds like you only have them enabled on the scheduler/api nodes currently.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/SystemUsageData

________________________________
From: Chris <contact at progbau.de>
Sent: Monday, March 2, 2015 7:29 AM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Openstack] Action notification in nova for delete an instance

Hello,

We want to execute our own code when an instance gets stared or deleted. So we had a look at the message queue and saw that during the creation of an instance three messages are send:
scheduler.run_instance.start
scheduler.run_instance.scheduled
scheduler.run_instance.end

That's exactly what we need, but unfortunately for the deletion nothing is send.
How we can get the notification for the deletion or is there a different way?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Chris