[Openstack] Combining compute and network node KILO

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Fri Jun 26 17:36:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, networking functions don't conflict with compute functions.

This is true but it is different that the legacy nova-compute multi
host where network functions for VMs on a physical node were handled
by the network service on that same node neutron has not had that
sense of locality to my knowledge, so if you have assumptions based on
previous nova-network experience you may want to double check them.

If you're building a smallish cluster and want all nodes to be the
same for simplicity and include the 'controller' services so you get
redundancy  without dedicating a significant portion of your hardware
budget to dedicated 'controllers' that makes a lot of sense to me and
should work fine.

-Jon