[Openstack] [Fuel] Neutron + VLAN install fails

Fabrizio Soppelsa fsoppelsa at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 22 21:11:29 UTC 2015

On 06/22/2015 03:19 AM, Marco Mariani wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install (Fuel 6.0) a cluster (HA) of 5 nodes, designated as:

> The main problem is that, while installing the controllers, the public
> gateway
> cannot be reached and the install fails after a 600 seconds timeout
> (at about
> 77% - like in https://bugs.launchpad.net/mos/+bug/1424708 and
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1396126 ).

Hello Mario,
I recommend you to wait for 6.1 that we're releasing on *June 23rd*.
Beyond many improvements (including network drivers and one of the above
bug is fixed), it includes the feature of deploying "blank nodes" before
provisioning - meaning you can just deploy the operating system and then
provision OpenStack. This could be helpful in disabling the udev rules
in case they won't work again.

So do you deploy the Cinder role on Controllers?

Best,
Fabrizio