[Openstack] Unable to launch instance.

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Jun 8 12:45:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 1:11 AM, vikrant ambedkar <ambedkar.viki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Abhishek,
>
> We don't use devstack or any other available ready made packages for
> installation. As we are using it for production purposes and we have
> followed official document of openstack Juno.
>
> Is it related to network configuration which we done on network node or
> controller node ?
>
> Or related to private and external network created on dashboard before
> launching any instance ?

Looking at the attached screenshots, a couple of ideas come to mind.

Look at the var/log/nova/nova-compute.log.
Look at the /var/lib/nova/instances on the nova-compute host and see if
there is a console.log file there.
These should be helpful:
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/logging_monitoring.html
http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_instance-errors.html

Let us know how it goes. Could be hardware, could be the image itself, hard
to say without looking at logs.
Anne

Anne Gentle
Rackspace