[Openstack] Spawning Issue with Juno, Neutron, Xen and Libvirt

Geoffrey Tran gtran at isi.edu
Thu Jul 30 21:27:53 UTC 2015

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your replies, I'm replying to both of your emails here:

> Did you put the line before ip link set $dev name $vifname ?
After setting this, the system seems to work, thank you! I added that line
in the wrong location.

> Did you checkout a stable/* branch or is it the branch master?
I didn't set anything in my local.con, so I think it's the branch master.

> What packages or set of packages are you installing?
During the install, I only selected openssh-server, however might have installed
other packages since then. If it helps, I can attach a full listing of installed packages.

> How your /etc/network/interfaces looks like? Anything in it that would setup
network interface named vif*?
The interfaces file only has the setup for loopback.

Would you mind sharing your devstack configuration please? At least that would
help eliminate a few more variables.

Thanks,
Geoffrey