[Openstack] [Openstack-operators] [all] OpenStack voting by the numbers

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Thu Jul 30 17:58:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:36 AM, David Medberry <openstack at medberry.net>
wrote:

> Nice writeup maish! very nice.
>
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Maish Saidel-Keesing <
> maishsk at maishsk.com> wrote:
>
>> Some of my thoughts on the Voting process.
>>

>> http://technodrone.blogspot.com/2015/07/openstack-summit-voting-by-numbers.html
>>
>> Guess which category has the most number of submissions??
>> ;)
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Maish Saidel-Keesing

> Well, I would expect most people attending the Summit would be most
interested in a general category like "Operations".  Most of the audience
here I think would naturally be most interested in "how to deploy and
manage"; that just makes sense I think and I don't know that anybody would
argue that.

I'm sort of confused how this correlates to "the operator community
providing feedback", unless I'm misinterpreting some of your writing here.

While there are some great talks about deploying and operating an OpenStack
cloud in there, I wouldn't make the general assumption that these are
"Operators giving feedback".  A quick glance, it appears that the bulk of
the talks are vendors talking about their monitoring and deployment tools
which IMO is different than "the voice of the operators".  This is in my
opinion sort of expected make up of the talks at the summit these days.

Just my two cents, great write up, just a grain of salt so to speak.

Thanks,
John