[Openstack] Proper way to disable "Boot from image" option

Erdősi Péter fazy at niif.hu
Thu Jul 23 08:16:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I building my test setup now, and I configured Cinder to use CEPH (which
works over rbd and libvirt) but...

If I wanna launch a new instance, there is an option "Boot from image"
which creates a copy of image on the compute node, where the guest
machine started (under /var/lib/nova/instances)

We wanna use small SSD-s on all of our compute node, and I really don't
want to keep user VM-s on this small drives...

Are there any proper way to disable the option (so only Boot from
volume, and Boot from image (creates new volume) option should be there)

Thanks,
 Peter