[Openstack] ERROR [cloud-init not assigning IP] [cloud-init-nonet waiting and fails]

Leslie-Alexandre DENIS contact at ladenis.fr
Wed Jul 22 11:37:23 UTC 2015

Hello there,

The problem is clearly identified by the error output, your instance network is not ready.
This can be caused by two things IMO :

- the metadata service isn't reachable, you must have the capability to curl (i.e. a correct route
to) http://169.254.169.254 and dig into directories [1]
- the instance doesn't have a correct network setup, double check your Neutron net/subnet etc...

[1]
On Nova-network (and probably on Neutron networking node), you can check the metadata route by
printing your iptables NAT rules (iptables -t nat -L -n|grep -i 169.254.169.254)

My 2 cents,
Kind regards