[Openstack] Internet connectivity to a new user's VM

Priyanka ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Jul 20 09:13:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thanks a lot for a quick response. The network shared is the external
network right?

Adding the points below just to confirm:

1. external_network is shared (example ext-net).
2. demo user network demo-net subnet demo-subnet (gateway 192.168.1.1
range 192.168.1.0/24)
3. user1 user network user1-net subnet user1-subnet (gateway 192.168.2.1
range 192.168.2.0/24)
4. I already have a router demo-router with demo-subnet interface added.
Also router-gateway-set to ext-net.
5. I need to add user1-subnet interface to this router using:
         neutron router-interface-add demo-router user1-subnet

Are these steps correct?

Thanks,

Priyanka