[Openstack] Openstack operating system pro cons

Erdősi Péter fazy at niif.hu
Fri Jul 17 17:14:28 UTC 2015

Hi!

We are start to build our production cloud in this year, but we need to
make a big decision:
Which OS should we use for the nodes on the system?

The truth is, we cannot decide beetwen Ubuntu and CentOS. The Ubuntu is
widely used in our company, but there are no supported drivers (or
anything else) for it.
CentOS is basically tested on the machines... The main point why we talk
about CentOS, is because RHEL has certified drivers which works on
CentOS aswell, so we not depend on the built in drivers in the Ubuntu
kernel (we will use be2net drivers with emulex cards, and have some bad
experience under community edition linux distros.

Any pro/cons are welcome, but don't want to start flame...

Thanks, if someone share his experiences, and/or opinions.

Regards,
  Peter