[Openstack] Google Kubernetes and OpenStack

Tom Verdaat tom at server.biz
Fri Jul 17 11:39:53 UTC 2015

Seen the press release and since I have yet to familiarize myself with the
details of container technology, I hope y'all don't mind if I ask this
related but perhaps slightly off topic question:

In a nutshell, how does Kubernetes compare to Docker in an OpenStack
context? Does it do the same thing and a matter of choice (like nova
supporting for various hypervisors)? Does only build upon and extend the
other? Or are they simply two very different technologies with very
different applications / use cases?

Thanks,

Tom