[Openstack] FWaaS and the conntrack table

Erdősi Péter fazy at niif.hu
Mon Jul 13 08:39:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've faced a problem with FWaaS plugin in Neutron (Juno).
The firewall works, but when I delete a rule from the policy, the
connection will still works because of conntrack... (I tried with ping,
and ssh)
It's okay, if the connection will kept alive, if it's really alive, (an
active SSH for example) but if I delete the ICMP rule, and stop pinging,
and restart pinging, the ping will still works...

If I go to my neutron server, and do a conntrack -F command on my
relevant qrouter, the firewall starts working based on the valid rules...

Are there any way, to configure the conntrack cleanup when FWaaS
configuration modified by user?

If not, can somebody help me, where to make changes on code, to run that
command in the proper namespace after the iptables rule-generation?

Regards,
 Peter