[Openstack] Glance snapshot performance issues

J-P Methot jpmethot at gtcomm.net
Wed Jul 8 14:04:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is regarding something I already posted on ask openstack, without
getting an answer
(https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/69443/glance-performances-when-uploading-snapshots-to-a-ceph-backend/).
Basically, we notice that when uploading to our image storage backend,
the glance process seems limited to using 30% of a cpu core. The network
upload is limited to 80 MB/sec, despite a 10gbps link. If I start
several glances upload, the processes stack. It is only possible to
reach my hardware and network limit if I stack a high enough number of
processes.

Is there a way to control this behavior?

Best regards,
--
Jean-Philippe Méthot
jpmethot at gtcomm.net